The German-Chinese relationship in medicine has a tradition of more than a hundred years based on the foundation of the first school of medicine in Shanghai by the German medical doctor Erich Paulun. The German Chinese Society of Medicine (DCGM) continues this tradition and looks back on a successful cooperation with its partner society, the Chinese German Society of Medicine in Wuhan, and other Chinese provinces for about 30 years now. This initiative on a voluntary basis was founded 1984 by the German Medical Association and its Hans Neuffer Foundation.
Since then the both societies have built up an important link between Germany and China by organizing annual conferences with topics on medical and scientifical questions as well as health economic and health policy topics which are important for the two countries in view of the challenges in both health care systems. Based on this long grown mutual trust the societies have created a platform for exchange of excellent experts’ knowledge.
Under the topics on the lefthand navigation bar you get all important information about the society:
- News - here you find upcoming dates and other actual information
- The Society - this topic gives a brief introduction of the society
- Events - you can find information about annual congresses of the societies and other events
- Working Groups - the topic informs you about the issues and how to contact the society's working groups
- Partner Society - here you find the address of our chinese partner society in Wuhan
- Exchange Programs - the topic informs you about possibilities to exchange medical students
- Contact - here you find the data to contact the society
If you have any questions, please contact us in our office.